Sunday, October 3, 2010

Wantan Soup


Little girl and me love wantan very much, however, little girl is a weird one, she adores the skin but not the meat filling (o_O)!!!  Haha...

Since it is exam week coming next 2 weeks, we are not heading back to Sban and that means I get my chance to play around with new recipes.  Few days ago, little girl reminded me that we have not eaten home made wantan for a long time, thus I decided to take on the challenge on making the wantan skin from scratch!

I adapted the recipe from Sophia - a lady who married to Austria.  I like most of her recipes and enjoy reading her day to day life in Austria very much.  I altered the recipe to a smaller portion as we are small eaters here :)

Ingredients
200g all purpose flour
80g warm water
1/4 tsp salt

  1. Mix flour and salt together, pour in water, give it a rough stir, let it rest for 10 minutes
  2. Start kneading the dough til the dough turn smooth and soft
  3. Cover with a wet cloth, let it rest for 20 minutes

Then u may start roll the dough thin and flat, cut into desire size and wrap in the meat fillings.

I was too hungry to snap a pic b4 gobbled up, this was taken half way during our dinner, stole the bowl from little girl :p

Little girl sat beside me while I was rolling & cutting the wantan skin, reading her text book, then joined me wrapping in the filling, that explained the different shapes of wantan you see in the pic :)

We enjoyed this wantan soup very much, the skin was smooth & slippery, the only down part is it was a bit thick cos I don have a machine to help me rolling it extremely thin.

No comments: