Friday, October 22, 2010

Strawberry Syrup & Kiwifruit Chiffon


I was so blur today, could b due to the lousy day (full of lousy news and even hurt myself by straining the muscle behind my knee), and the tiring yoga workout I had yesterday.  I'd forgotten to snap photo for today's bento, then when I was trying to de-stress myself by baking a chiffon, I slipped my hand and dropped the chiffon while turning it upside down (after taking out from the oven).... ended up a messy chiffon... sigh....

My collapsing chiffon

I adapted the recipe from Forbidden Garden, using the tangmian method 烫面法 which is quite popular among bloggers lately.  However, I change the flavor of the recipe to what I have in the fridge, strawberry syrup and kiwifruit.

Ingredient
120 ml milk

2 tbsp strawberry syrup
50g butter

100g superfine flour
5 egg yolks

5 egg whites
1/4 tsp cream of tartar
60g sugar

1 kiwifruit, skinned, diced

  1. Heat milk, butter and strawberry syrup in a sauce pan til almost boiling or until butter melted, turn off heat
  2. Add in sifted flour, give it a quick stir til well blended
  3. Pour in egg yolk, stir til well combined
  4. In another bowl, beat egg white til soft peak, add in cream of tartar, continue beating the egg white then gradually pour in sugar, beat til stiff peak
  5. Scoop 1/3 of egg white mixture into warm egg yolk mixture, fold til well combined
  6. Then pour all the egg yolk mixture into remaining egg white mixture, fold the mixture softly, gradually mix in the kiwifruit and fold til fruits and mixture combining well
  7. Bake at 170C for 10 minutes, then 150C for 35 minutes


No doubt the chiffon is very very soft, the taste is superb, I like the little sourness given by those kiwifruit bits, will definitely re-do this chiffon again, I wanna a perfect chiffon :p

No comments: