On Sunday, last day of the holiday, just staying at home and lazy to make heavy lunch, I recalled seeing this recipe at Carol's blog, decided to give it a try since I have most of the ingredients on hand.
Here is my version of the soup:
1 boneless whole chicken drumstick, diced
2 small onions, diced
2 small potatoes, diced
2 tomatoes, diced
1 carrot, diced
1/4 cauliflower, diced
4-5 bay leaves
2 tbsp ketchup
pinch of salt and pepper
- Cut onions, potatoes, tomatoes, carrot and cauliflower into bite size
- Cut chicken to small chunks
- Heat pan, cook chicken with medium heat til pale (for about 3 minutes)
- Boil a pot of water, pour cooked chicken into the boiling water, keep boiling for a minute or 2
- Skim off any froth on surface of soup
- Lightly fried all vegetables in the pan for 2 to 3 minutes
- Pour the cooked vegetables into soup, add in seasoning ingredients, flavor to taste
- Cover the lid, let it simmer for 40 - 60 minutes or til the vegetables turn soft
Ok, original recipe calls for beef, but I have chicken only, with no other choice, decided to continue the cooking.
Verdict: I love every single drops of the soup, had it for lunch and dinner yesterday, then lunch again this afternoon with rice, yum!
LG: Mummy! This is not ABC soup (Malaysian version of potato soup)
Me: Yeah, this is the English version ABC soup (should be Russian)
LG: ??? * showing a blur face *