Baked 2 batches of this marble cheese brownie on Thu, the 1st batch was for my 2 secondary school/class mates and the 2nd one was for my family. Recipe was adapted from AG's Joy of Making Cookies.
Ingredient - Chocolate Batter
120 g sugar
pinch of salt
1 tsp vanilla essence
1/2 tsp baking powder
80g chopped walnuts
Cream chesse batter
200g cream cheese (used 250g)
40g butter (skipped this)
2 tbsps milk
30g corn flour
- Grease and line a 31 x 22cm Swiss roll pan with greaseproof paper and grease the paper
- Chocolate batter: melt (A) over simmering water and let it cool.
- Add in (B) and mix till well blended. Then add in (C). Mix till well combined. Pour 2/3 of the batter into the pan
- Cream cheese batter: cram (A) til light, then add in (B) and cream till smooth. Lastly add in (C) and mix till well incorporated. Pour it into the chocolate batter
- Spoon the remaining chocolate batter onto the plain batter. Swifl the mixture to marble
- Place it at the bottom rack of the oven. Bake at 180C for 35 - 40 minutes
- Cut it into bars when cool.
No, they r not meat loaf (my dad said they look like one though), these r marble cheese brownies for my 2 mates, hope they enjoy the cake just like the kids