Monday, June 28, 2010

Soft Rolls With NO Kneading Method


Been reading the Artisan Bread in 5 Minutes a Day for a while, I was amazed with their no kneading bread, but since I didn't buy their books, I didn't get a chance to try out their bread.  Then few weeks ago, saw 周老師的美食教室 posted this 'No kneading required super soft bread 免揉超軟麵包', I was so delighted to see it and finding time to try it out.

Managed to give it a try at last, I measured & mix the ingredients together last night, then took a portion of the dough out from the fridge this morning, made 4 bacon rolls and 6 pepperoni & cheese buns.  I got the batch of fresh breads out from the oven by the time little girl waked up, wonderful timing!

Ingredients (I halved the ingredients from the original recipe)
250ml water
1 tsp yeast
450g bread flour
90g sugar
1/2 tsp salt
30g milk powder
1 egg
90g melted butter

  1. Mix all ingredients together until forming a wet soft dough
  2. Place dough into a container and let rest in refrigerator over night or at least 2 hours

Pepperoni & cheese roll

This morning, after rolling the bacon, pepperoni & cheese into the dough, I let them proof for 1/2 an hour, lightly brush them with milk, then baked at 180C for 15 minutes.

Bacon rolls

See, they r that easy, don need any machine / hand kneading, and the result it turned out, really super soft just like 周老師 promised.  I think I will always keep a batch of the dough in my fridge now, so that I'll have fresh breads out from oven in the morning whenever I want, hurray!  Bye bye Gardenia, I won't need to buy u anymore :p

4 comments:

Lia Chen said...

Bacon rolls look pretty and so want it now :D Delish!!

kel said...

Hehehe... thanks, Lia Chen, they taste good too :)

wen said...

very easy la! i will try that soon.. tired of buying gardenia bread

kel said...

Ya, Wen, hope u'll get the hang of baking breads after this try :)