Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Stir Fry Pickled Daikon Leafs with Chicken


I thought of frying the pickled daikon leafs with shredded pork but the pork is in freezer and I'd forgotten to defrost it in the refrigerator a nite earlier, thus cook it with the shredded steamed chicken I had ready.

I soaked the pickled daikon leafs in water to get rid of the saltiness, but I was too 'kan zhong' (anxious), drained it in just a few minutes, should have soaked it longer :p

Ingredients
1 clove garlic, diced
1 shallot, diced
150g pickled daikon leafs, diced
a handful of steamed chicken, shredded
1 tsp sugar
1 tbsp soy sauce

  1. Heat a pan, put in oil, diced garlic and shallot, fry til fragrant
  2. Stir in chicken, fry for 3 minutes then put in the pickled daikon leafs
  3. Season with sugar and soy sauce, fry for another 3 minutes.  Ready.

My version of pickled veggie noodle 雪菜麵

We had it for dinner with noodle in chicken broth and some stir-fried bean sprouts.  Though it was salty on its own, it tasted just fine with the noodle.  Little girl able to slurp this bowl of noodle fast and with no fuss!

No comments: