Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Kinpira Gobo and Tomato with Egg Soup


Tried out this kinpira gobo recipe which is a Japanese version of braised burdock root.  Yummy!  I like the crunchiness and taste of burdock root but don think hubby and little girl like it.


Just afraid little girl wouldn't wanna touch the burdock root, I cooked her this tomato with egg soup, so that she don have to eat plain rice only.  I added some flower shaped carrots and sliced baby corns to attract her more.

LG:  Mummy, what r we having for dinner?
Me:  I cooked tomato and egg soup.
LG:  Anymore?
Me:  White rice!
LG:  Yeah!  I wanna eat it with furakake!

And there she go, dug out her Hello Kitty furakake to go with her rice.


1 comment:

3lilangels said...

I saw the burdock for the first time at the wet market, but didn't buy as I didn't know how to cook it. So thanks heaps for the recipe.

Btw, you've been tagged, so come and collect your tag!