Hey, look at this, my very 1st rectangle shape load, hurray!
Had 1 big sweet potato left in the pantry, decided to bake a loaf with it. I adapted Carol's honey and pumpkin loaf, but changed the pumpkin to sweet potato.
150g sweet potato, steamed and mashed
280g bread flour (used 200g bread flour and 100g superfine flour)
3/4 tsp instant yeast
1/8 tsp salt
20g honey (used 2 tbsp)
30g milk (used 1 tbsp milk powder and about 50ml cold water)
30g unsalted butter
- Except butter, mix all ingredients into the mixing bowl, knead for 7-8 minutes
- Put in butter, knead for about 15 minutes or until dough turn soft and not sticky
- Place dough into an oiled container, let leaven for 60 minutes or raise til doubling its size
- When dough has doubled its size, punch out the air from the dough, shape it round, cover it with a wet towel and let rest for another 20 minutes
- Separate dough into 2, roll and place into loaf tin
- Spray some water on the dough and let it have 2nd leaven for about 50-60 minutes or til the dough filling 80% of the loaf tin
- Cover the loaf tin, preheat the oven to 200C
- Bake for 40 minutes
- Remove loaf from loaf tin and let cool on rack
Aw... just look at the fluffy texture
I still haven't eat the the bread, thus can't comment on the taste, I'm sure it taste just as good as its look :) I'm so happy today with the result of this loaf.