Friday, May 21, 2010

Nestum Family Cake


Plan to visit a friend 2moro, as I don wanna go there empty handed, plan to bake her something.  Then I remember having a tiny bag of Nestum cereal left in the pantry, as I'd started on eating oat cereal for breakfast now, I better use the nestum for some baking, and ta da... found the recipe here.

Ingredients

240g butter
200g sugar (cut it to 150g only)
1 tbsp honey
4 eggs
1 cup evaporated milk
200g flour
1 tsp baking powder
pinch of salt
50g Nestum cereal

For topping (optional, I didn't add in as the Nestum cereal I had was just enough for the cake)

1 tbsp almond flakes
1 tbsp Nestum cereal

  1. Beat butter, sugar and honey til creamy and pale
  2. Mix flour, salt, nestum and baking powder together.  Add into creamed mixture alternately with the milk
  3. Beat til smooth
  4. Greased a 9" cake tin (I used 2 loaf tin), pour batter into it and sprinkle almond flakes and nestum over the top and bake in preheated oven at 180C for 45 mins or til cake is done when toothpick inserted comes out clean.  Cool and serve.
Very buttery, fragrant and moist cake

Little girl loves this cake, ate 2 pieces b4 dinner and kept begging for 1 right after dinner!

And so, Meng Yeng, this cake will b yours 2moro :p

No comments: