We were at Seremban on Sat evening, BIL pulled out a cake mixer from the cupboard (thot of giving it to us), then hubby suggested MIL to make these steamed egg cakes with the cake mixer. I was very surprised with the simple ingredients being used, only 4 of them:
6 oz sugar
6 oz flour
1/2 tsp Eno
- Beat eggs and sugar with cake mixer on High for 30 minutes, the batter will turn cream white, fluffy and rise very high
- Put in Eno, mix for another minute
- Fold in flour with specula
- Spoon into cups or cake tin
- Steamed on pre-heated and covered wok with High fire for 25 minutes
This is how the batter look b4 going into the sauna room...
when they r out from the hot sauna =)
This cakes r not those soft & spongy type, though they r a bit dense, they smelled very good, with the strong egg flavor. They tasted very traditional, like those sold in old time kopitiam (cafe). Little girl likes the cake, I was surprised to see her enjoying it too as she used to dislike dense type cakes.
In the end, we decided not to take the cake mixer, as MIL knew the used of it now, we would love to have more cakes from her too.