Sunday, July 19, 2009

Meringue Cookies

This is another thing that bro has been nagging me to bake him. My eldest sis (she is 10 yrs elder than me) had baked this cookie for us when we were very young, but, ever since we lost the recipe book and sis got married, we didn't get to eat it anymore.

During the Chinese New Year this year, I got to eat it at 1 of my friend's hse, I told bro about it and since then he had been nagging me (almost every Sunday, cos we usually bake something on Sun) to bake him the cookies.

I googled and found the recipe here, as it mentioned it makes with 2 main ingredients => stiffly beaten egg whites and caster sugar, easy pitsy :) I modified the recipe slightly, as we have no more vanilla essence in mum's hse, I used 1/2 tsp cocoa powder and I garnished the cookies with rainbow sugar bits and chocolate chips.

B4 I pulled out the trays from oven, bro oledi put 1 into his mouth, and moaned satisfy-ly: "Hmm... Oh yes, this is it!" Hahaha....

A batch with rainbow sugar bits...

... another with chocolate chips

The chocolate chips meringue cookies were a hit among the kids, however, both batches of meringue cookies were vanished in less than 1 hour! Little girl even made me promised her to bake her more next week, think I gotta double up the recipe next Sun ^.^ What a cookies!

No comments: