Little girl didn't go to school today as she had fever last nite, decided to let her rest at home though no more fever today. In order not to have her feeling bored, I told her we'd be making crepes. I oledi googled the crepe's recipe for sometimes, this should be a good chance to try out as it's so easy and simple. I got little girl to prepare the batter, she really enjoyed mixing the batter :)
1 cup flour
1 tsp white sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup milk
2 tbsp melted butter
- Sift flour, sugar and salt
- In a bowl, beat egg and milk, fold in flour mixture
- Stir in melted butter, combine well
- Let batter rest in fridge for 1/2 hour
- Lightly buttered hot pan, scoop in batter (enough to cover pan thinly), shift pan til batter form a thin layer on pan
- Cook til both side turned lightly brown
With a little batter left, I cracked in an egg after placing the batter onto pan, roughly spread the egg...
... the other side of the egg crepe
I made 2 sweet version with the crepes: spread a thin layer of vanilla butter cream and sprinkled lots of chocolate bits...
1 for little girl, 1 for me, yum...