Friday, July 3, 2009

Blueberry Pancakes

After looking at the photos from here, I was so admired with Bakerella's baking & photographing skills. Since I had a handful of fresh blueberries on hand, just couldn't resist myself from trying out the pancakes, but I was out of plenty of the ingredients in her recipe. ok, I didn't make the orange maple butter, and I altered the pancake recipe to suit what I had ;p

Blueberry Pancake (my version)

1 cup flour
1/4 cup sugar, plus 1 tbsp for blueberries
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 cup milk
4 tbsp melted butter
2 eggs
1/4 cup water
1/2 cup blueberries
  1. Whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda
  2. In another bowl, whisk together milk, melted butter and egg
  3. Add milk mixture to dry ingredients, stir together til just combined
  4. Toss 1 tbsp sugar to blueberries
  5. Heat non-stick pan, put in some extra butter and run over surface (repeat as necessary throughout process)
  6. Pour a spoonful of batter into pan
  7. Add some blueberries to each pancake
  8. Cook both side til brown
I didn't follow hers or Martha's tip on keeping the cooked pancakes warm in the oven, however ...

after drizzled with honey ...

... more honey ...

... dig in and hmmmmmm... oh yes! I'm so glad I did it!



P/s Thanks hubby, for the photos.

No comments: