Friday, July 23, 2010

Cucumber & Takuan Maki Sushi Bento (244)


Bought a pack of takuan from Jusco Mid Valley last week, didn't get to use it til this morning.  I used the takuan & cucumber sticks to make this maki, and sprinkled along some furikake to enhance the flavor.  Used about 1/2 an hour to make the maki and pack the bento.

During lunch, little girl told me that she disliked the takuan, she begged my permission to remove the takuan from the maki, of course I couldn't force her to swallow it, told her to remove it by herself :(

6 cucumber & takuan maki and some cucumber sticks

pineapples

Note of the day with Drifloon from Pokemon

LG:  Mummy, there was a teacher asking me am I a Japanese today.
Me:  Huh?  Why?
LG:  She saw me eating the sushi during recess.  I told her I'm not Japanese, then she asked me is mummy a Japanese, I said no, then she asked me again why am I eating Japanese food, I told her bcos I like to eat sushi
Me:  Ok ...
LG:  She asked me did mummy make these sushi, I told her yes and asked her wanna have one, she said no thanks
Me:  :) ....

Such a funny teacher, why only Japanese can make and eat sushi?

No comments: