Friday, July 23, 2010

Chocolate Chips & Hazelnut Muffin


Little girl has been complaining that I didn't bake muffins for her in a long time.  I remembered I still have some chocolate chips left and promised to bake her a batch of chocolate chips muffin again.

I googled n found Nigella Lawson's website, she has a simple & easy version of chocolate chips muffin recipe.  I altered the recipe slightly and managed to get a dozen of the muffins after 40 minutes (the batter mixing & baking time taken)!

Ingredients
(yield 12)

250g plain flour (I used 200g flour and 50g ground hazelnut)
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp bicarbonate soda
2 tbsp best quality cocoa
175g caster sugar (used only 150g)
150g chocolate chips
250ml milk
90ml vegetable oil
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
  1. Preheat oven to 200C
  2. Weigh out the dry ingredients into a large bowl.  Pour all the liquid ingredients into a measuring jug
  3. Mix both together - it will be a runny batter - then spoon into waiting muffin cases
  4. Sprinkle more chocolate chips on top then bake for 20 minutes or until the muffins are risen and springy
These babies r very delicious, rich and moist too, yum!  I had one immediately once it was slightly cool off, almost swallowing my tongue along :p


Added a teaspoon of nutella into 3 of this muffins, more yum!

Break up 1 to show u the yumminess in the muffin