Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Drunken Chicken

This is a back dated dish I made a few weeks ago. I gotta recipe from a cook book namely "all about chicken". This is a easy recipe, just need to cook it a day b4 to get strong flavor. If u like alcohol drink or alcohol added to ur meal, then this is a superb dish.

Ingredients

2 pieces chicken thigh meat
1 tbsp wolfberries
5-6 slices huang qi (I omitted it)

Seasonings

6 tbsps fish sauce
1 cup shaoxing wine (I used 2 tbsp Hennessy & top the cup with home-made ginger wine)

Direction:
  1. Cut away the bone from the thigh meat, then slit the meat halfway through the thickness, without cutting through. Add 3 tbsps of fish sauce and 1/4 cup of water, leave to marinate for 1 - 2 hours.
  2. Roll up the chicken and wrap with aluminum foil, twisting the ends to seal. Make 2 rolls.
  3. Bring water in the steamer to a boil, steam chicken rolls over medium heat for 45 - 50 minutes.
  4. In a deep dish, pour in 3 tbsps of fish sauce, shaoxing wine and 1 cup of cold water and combine well. Add wolfberries and huang qi.
  5. Once the chicken rolls are completely cooled, remove from the foil and soak chicken in the wine mixture together with the juice resulted from steaming the chicken.
  6. Cover with cling wrap or a lid, refrigereate for 2 3 hours. Cut into slices to serve.
I'd say I had this 2 pieces of chicken thigh almost all by myself, as I didn't give it to little girl (as it contains alcohol) and hubby is one dislike the taste of alcohol, ;p ooh... yum...

No comments: