2 pieces chicken thigh meat
1 tbsp wolfberries
5-6 slices huang qi (I omitted it)
6 tbsps fish sauce
1 cup shaoxing wine (I used 2 tbsp Hennessy & top the cup with home-made ginger wine)
- Cut away the bone from the thigh meat, then slit the meat halfway through the thickness, without cutting through. Add 3 tbsps of fish sauce and 1/4 cup of water, leave to marinate for 1 - 2 hours.
- Roll up the chicken and wrap with aluminum foil, twisting the ends to seal. Make 2 rolls.
- Bring water in the steamer to a boil, steam chicken rolls over medium heat for 45 - 50 minutes.
- In a deep dish, pour in 3 tbsps of fish sauce, shaoxing wine and 1 cup of cold water and combine well. Add wolfberries and huang qi.
- Once the chicken rolls are completely cooled, remove from the foil and soak chicken in the wine mixture together with the juice resulted from steaming the chicken.
- Cover with cling wrap or a lid, refrigereate for 2 3 hours. Cut into slices to serve.
I'd say I had this 2 pieces of chicken thigh almost all by myself, as I didn't give it to little girl (as it contains alcohol) and hubby is one dislike the taste of alcohol, ;p ooh... yum...