Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Honey Mango Muffin

I bought a few over-ripe with bit of black spots mangoes on Sun (cheap mah!), thinking of making mango enzyme, however, once I reached mum's hse, dad attacked one of the mango, later at the evening bro thought the mangoes were going to spoilt, so he got the helper to cut all the fruits.  Aiyah!  Everybody were drooling over those mangoes, but they couldn't finish all, left a big bag in the fridge.

This afternoon, mum asked me to proceed with the enzyme making with some extra mangoes she bought yesterday, however, since those leftover mangoes were cut n not fresh any more, I dare not try making enzyme.

In order not to waste those mangoes, I decided to google search for a mango muffin recipe, and lucky enough, I got it, a simple one too!

Mango Muffin

2 cups              flour
4 tsp                 baking powder  (I used 2 tsp only)
1/2 tsp              salt
1 cup                sugar or 3/4 cup honey (I used honey only)
1/4 cup            vegetable oil (I used corn oil)
1 cup                milk
1                        egg
1 to 1 1/2 cup  mango pulp (I used 2 cups of mango cut to chunk)

1. Cut and peel mango and reduce to soft pulp and juice
2. Combine flour, baking powder, salt and sugar in large bowl
3. In a separate bowl combine oil, milk, and egg
4. Mix liquid ingredients with dry until just moist and stir in mango pulp
5. Fill greased muffin tins or paper cups two third full
6. Bake at 400F (200C) for 15 - 18 minutes



These muffin smelt really good, the whole hse was infused with the honey aroma while baking.


The texture is a bit moist/wet, mum said it was due to the honey.  Soft and not too sweet, it's indeed very yummy!

2 comments:

Emily said...

well, i cant really comment on this without tasting it first...

sorry - today no capital letters, typing with a sprained left hand... and no exclamation marks too...

so now you know why so many commas.... lol

kel said...

Ok, will pass u some when I bake another batch again, (>_0)

Hope u r ok now, yeah, let the left hand rest more...