My 1st bake of year 2010, baked this on new year's day, for MIL's birthday. I adapted the recipe from Alex Goh's 'Creative making of cakes'.
2 egg yolks
1/2 tbsp lemon juice
zest of 1/2 lemon
2 tsps gelatine powder
130g whipped cream
80g peaches, cut into cube
peaches, cut into thin slices
- Prepare a 9" round vanilla sponge cake
- Whip (A) til light and thick
- Mash the peaches from (B) and then sieve the mixture. Mix with the rest of ingredients in (B)
- Premix (C) and melt it over a hot water bath
- Add (B), mix (C) into (A) then blend all ingredients in (A), (B) and (C) together
- Add (D) and (E) and mix well
- Add (F) til evenly blended
- Cut the sponge cake into 2 horizontal layers
- use the above filling to sandwich the cake layer
- Cover the whole cake with a thin layer of whipped cream
- Arrange the peach slices on top
- Refrigerated for 1/2 hour to let it set
- Glaze the peaches by brushing instant jelly topping glaze onto them. Serve.
The yogurt mixture was so yummy...
BIL made this beautiful jelly.
It was so coincidence that our theme colors were so similar
BIL made this soya jelly too