I was trying to find a mochi bread recipe which do not require any premix, I did not find it, however I stumbled upon this blog - Kirbie's Cravings (what a lovely name) with this wonderful strawberry mochi cake recipe.
I halved the recipe as I have a small cake pan at home, also since never try a mochi cake b4, it'll be safer to bake a small cake just in case those at home do not enjoy it :p
I'll list the ingredients as the original and those I used in color & bracket.
450g Mochiko rice flour (225 g local glutinous rice flour)
240g butter (120g)
2 cups / 480g sugar (3/4 cup)
1 can / 340g evaporated milk (170 ml)
4 eggs (2 eggs)
2 tsp baking powder (1 tsp)
2 tsp vanilla (1 tsp)
2 cups fresh strawberries, cut into small cubes (1 cup fresh strawberries and green grapes)
- Cream the butter with sugar
- Mix in the evaporated milk to the butter/sugar mixture
- Mix eggs into mixture
- Mix in the rice flour, baking powder and vanilla
- Stir in the strawberries
- Pour mixture into a 9 x 13 pan
- Bake for approximately 1 hour at 180 (I bake for 45 minutes only)
- Let cake completely cool, allowing the mochi to set, before cutting and serving
This cake is soft and chewy (very Q as Taiwanese says :p) even after the next day, tasted milky too, the hint of strawberries & grapes really enhance the flavor, yum, definitely a keep recipe.