Made apam balik again yesterday, we just love apam balik lately ;p I got the recipe from here, a batter containing yeast, sound interesting to me. I halve the ingredients from the recipe, lesser batter which is just enough for us.
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup milk
1/2 tsp instant yeast
1/2 tsp bicarbonate soda
1/4 cup sugar
- Mix everything (except bicarbonate soda) together to form smooth batter
- Leave for 30 minutes
- Add bicarbonate soda into batter, mix well
- Heat pan, pour a cup of batter and spread out flat like pancake.
- Spread some peanut butter
- Fold in half and cut, serve hot
I able to get 5 apams from the batter, made 2 with peanut butter (shown above) and the rest r nutella & chocolate bits again, for little girl and her friends.
The apam balik made from this batter is a little chewier than the recipe from double chocolate apam balik, which is to hubby & my liking, will keep doing it again, yum!