Saw Yam Tea Cake recipe from Alex Goh's 'Creative making of Cakes', but since I don have yam and coconut milk, I substituted with sweet potato, yogurt and milk.
Pinch of salt
180g sweet potato, steamed (I used those purple potatoes)
1 tbsp milk powder
1/2 tsp baking powder
- Cream (A) til light and fluffy
- Add (B) and cream til light and smooth
- Mix (C) til well blended while the cooked sweet potato is still hot. Leave to cool. Add it into the above mixture and mix til combined
- Lastly, fold in the sieved (D) and mix til well incorporated
- Pour mixture into muffin cups
- Bake at 180 C for 20 minutes
After I mashed the sweet potato, I found that it contained some tiny roots, afraid that it may ruin the texture, I rub it thru a sieve to get rid of the roots and made the sweet potato smoother, cost me about 15 minutes for this tedious process.
I had the 1st batch with chocolate chips which is little girls favorites
2nd batch with toffee bits
Satisfied with the texture and taste, fluffy and yummy!