Monday, May 25, 2009

Sweet n Milky Filling Bun


Saw this 奶酥麵包 (I called it sweet & milky bun) recipe here last week, found that the filling is quite simple and easy to handle, decided to give it a try on Sun (since I need to prepare burger bun for little girl's bento).

Actually I didn't bake the buns fully by myself, I just did 50% of it, cos I kneaded the bread dough and mixed the filling only, I had the rest of the processes completed by my godmum (my whole family went to aunt's hse to fetch mum & rice dumpling made by my aunt), ;p

Can u see the sweet & milky filling?  Yummy and not too sweet at all!

I didn't use the bread dough recipe as per the link, instead used my usual bread dough recipe, here is the translation of the filling recipe:

Ingredients:

40g      unsalted butter
30g      shortening
30g      icing sugar
1/8 tsp salt
30g      egg
1 tbsp   corn flour
80g      milk powder

  1. Mix butter and shortening together (u may used margarine if out of shortening) 
  2. Sift the icing sugar and salt, blend into butter mixture
  3. Spoon in egg bit by bit, mix well
  4. Pour in corn flour and milk powder, mix until even
  5. Let mixture chill in fridge for 10 minutes
The recipe suggested to separate the filling mixture into 9 balls, but I made it into 12 balls and asked godmum to use 50g of bread dough instead of 60g as suggested cos I wanna made more to let 3 families (mine, mum's and godmum's) tried out these buns.

The verdict:  I love it, it is milky, not too sweet and yummy!  :)

No comments: