I thot of using it for shabu-shabu, but the weather is to too hot to eat shabu-shabu, thus I turned it into a cold dish that we enjoyed very much.
Those shredded stuffs underneath the beef are mango pickle. I bought 2 Indian mangoes last Tue, cut it yesterday, thot of packed it into little girl's bento, but they r way too raw & sour, in order not to waste it, I pickled them with sugar.
This dish is very simple, other than the time used in pickling the mango, it can be ready in less than 15 minutes!
- julienne 1/4 of mango, it's ok if u cut them into thick strips
- rub a dash of salt into mango, let rest for 5 minutes
- spoon in 1 tbsp of sugar (u may put in more sugar if u prefer a sweeter version), mix well
- put into fridge for at least 30 minutes
- bring a pot of water to boil
- take a piece of wagyu beef with chopstick, place into boing water, using chopstick to stir the beef for 5 sections
- bring beef out from boing water, quickly place it into ice water (with ice cubes) to stop it from further cooking
- repeat step 2 and 3 with the rest of wagyu beef
Finally, place mango pickles on plate, follow with cooked wagyu beef, u may drizzle some sesame dressing on the beef but I used a Taiwanese garlic sauce this time.
Hubby and little girl love this dish. Little girl don fancy the garlic sauce thus I let her had it with sesame dressing, she ate about 4 or 5 pieces of the beef! With the mango pickles, this dish is very appetizing, u won't feel guilty of having so much meat ;p