Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Strawberry daifuku

These was the 1st attempt of strawberry daifuku I made last friday.  I tried the recipe from Bento Pet. It was not difficult to made the mochi but it was tough to make the daifuku round, I think I need more practices.


I made another batch with the left-over anko this evening, they are better looking now ;)  (Those in white with pink heart).

I mixed a few drops of strawberry syrup into the mochi to make the pink colored mochi.  And since I was out of anko for filling, I dipped the strawberries into melted chocolate and let it cold in the fridge.

Little girl helped me molded these pink hearts with the remaining mochi, she was having lots of fun, rolling the mochi, molding the hearts, playing with flour....  She even said she will have a few hearts for her breakfast tomorrow.


No comments: