Saturday, September 20, 2008

Bacon Roll


Croissants?  Bacon roll?  Hm.....  Actually this is the 4th version of baked roti pranta.  I baked this batch for a girl who visited my mum's hse - Big girlie.  My mum baby-sit her ever since she is 2 months old, and she is now a pretty girl turning 19 next month.  My family loves her very much, and she too, will definitely try to make ways to visit my mum's hse.  She is the one who introduced me to the blogging world during her last visit, which I'm so much addicted to now.  So big girlie, this posting is dedicated to you.

Ok, back to the bacon roll, I thought of turning the roti pranta to croissant before hand but after rolling it with bacon, it looked like bacon roll more than croissant, do u think so?


Here is another pic of the bacon rolls...

8 comments:

Emily said...

Mmmph! looks yummy! BTW,how long is the baking time? Will I be able to replicate this with a toaster oven?

3lilangels said...

Big girlie is so sweet, still visiting your mom after all this time.

Anyway, that does look more like bacon roll than croissant, but yummy nevertheless.

I found this post on natural food colouring and immediately thought of your flag. Check it out, and don't skip the comments -http://justbento.com/handbook/bento-decoration-techniques/natural-ways-make-your-bento-colorful.

pekchek queen said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!
i want to go to ah mah's house again..and we didnt have our lassi..

Emily said...

Hi Kel! I just marvel at the crispinest of the roti pranta you bought! Which brand is this? BTW, do you pan fry the bacon first?

Roti pranta stands margarine roti? or the brand name?

kel said...

Hi Emily, I baked them in oven at 180 for 40 min. I think toaster oven will burn the pastry since its temp is quite high.

kel said...

Sorry, Emily, I'd thrown the bag after finishing the last piece. Roti pranta is the same as roti canai. U may get any brand, as long as the roti was not pre-fried. Just roll the roti with raw bacon, don have to fry 1st, very simple!

kel said...

Hi 3lilangels! Yeah! Big girlie is very lovely, still calling my parent - ah mah and ah ba too!

Eh, thanks for the link, it's very helpful.

kel said...

Hey, girl! Yeah, I forgot but u'd the "tong shui" in exchange, rite?