Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Baked potato balls

I got this recipe from one of my favorite TV program "生活智慧王".  I have got the potato balls done in half an hour, fast huh!  Another simple and fast recipe.  ;)
The original recipe from the program:
1 big potato     -   cook and mash it
1 piece bread   -   cut into small pieces
1 egg yolk
30g melt butter
pinch of salt and pepper

Mash everything together, form into small balls, bake for 20 minutes, put on some cheese and bake for another 5 minutes.

I modified it slightly to this, and baked it in oven toaster for 15 minutes only:
3 small potatoes
1 piece bread
1 egg yolk
dash of mayo
2 party cubes of savory cheese bites
5g butter
pinch of pepper

The above photo was how it looks after coming out from the oven toaster.  And below was after I garnished it with mayo and sprinkled with seaweed flakes, yum yum....

I had 5 for little girl as her after school snack in the car.

4 comments:

Irene said...

ohhhh... tis looks yummy. send some over here leh. hahahaha!

Unknown said...

hm... let me email u... hi hi hi....

HK Choo said...

Hi Kel, just to check, these are made using potatoes, right? Great then if it is, so that I can make use of the scraps I got from making those jacket potatoes.

From the way it looks, the dough was easy to handle? Or how to you get such evenly roundies?

kel said...

Hi, HK, yes, they r made from potato, don worry, it's easy to made it round, do try it out ;)