Thursday, September 11, 2008

Rose buds sushi bento

I learned the methods of making this sushi from Leisure-cat 為食貓, she has a very detailed photo-tutorial explaining the ways, see here.  

Little girl: Mummy!  Is this anchor?  No, they look like dog-dog's mouth!   
Me:  (I nearly fainted hearing this)  Don they look like rose buds?
Little girl:  ....  (looked closer)  ya-hor!

Anyway, she gave me an idea of making anchor, dog or teddy-bear sushi oledi!

The rose bud sushi-es were laying on 2 pieces of lettuce.  Some grape tomatoes at the centre and 3 small kebabs of edamame, crab-sticks and flying soccer fish ball.

In the pink container, there were strawberry syrup sago jelly and iced grapes.


Little girl left 1 sushi and a big spoon of sago jelly for me.

12 comments:

Jess said...

Hi Kelly, can you post the English version of the recipe? i cannot read chinese. What is the pink colour thing?

kel said...

Hi Jess! Leisure cat used pickled ginger for the pink, but I used the red part of crab-stick as little girl don like spicy thing.

Ok, I'll translat it, give me some time ya.

3lilangels said...

Oh wow. So pretty. Please, please, translation, please, for illiterate people here.

And please figure out how to add two eyes so it becomes a dog. My dog lover girl will be over the moon.

3lilangels said...

Btw, just in case you miss Biblo's reply, you can get Sakura Denbu at the Cold Storage at Solaris Mont Kiara. I go there every week as it is near my girl's ballet. Can get for you if you want.

kel said...

Oh, thanks 3lilangels, I'll get it translated by this evening.

Please please please... get it for me pls... this is my email add: yeokel@gmail.com, dropped me urs and I'll email u my mobile no. Thank you!

Irene said...

u really gr8 loh. envy ur skills!

kel said...

Due to the copyright of the original posting, I think it is better for me to email u the translated copy.

Pls drop me a mail at yeokel@gmail.com, Jess and 2lilangels. Sorry for the inconvenient.

kel said...

Hi Irene, thanks for the compliment.

Par said...

Nicely done!

kel said...

Thank you, ms. ____ 2 be!

javapot said...

very nicely done!

kel said...

Thank you, Javapot!