Please answer me in 3 seconds: What is Doraemon's favorite food? 1... 2... 3... I think most of u know the answer, it is dorayaki!
I remember buying it for little girl when she was a toddler, she disliked it due to the anko (sweet red bean paste). However, I decided to give it a try again, but change the filling to what little girl likes now, peanut butter and nutella.
I checked out few sites, but at last I decided on Carol's and Shizouka Gourmet's recipe.
2 tbsp honey
1 tbsp mirin
1/2 tsp sodium bicarbonate
100g flour, sifted
- By using hand whisk, beat the eggs and add sugar. Mix until mixture whiten
- Add honey, mix til blended
- Add soda and mix well
- Add mirin and mix well
- Add half of the flour, mix well
- Add other half of flour and mix well
- Add water and mix well
- Heat pan, add a tsp oil, then wipe off oil with the kitchen paper
- Pour batter into pan by using a tablespoon
- When bubbles have appeared across the surface of pancake, turn it over
- Sandwich peanut butter/nutella/anko between 2 equal size pancake
Can u see the heart shape on the dorayaki?
Wanna try out this peanut butter+nutella version dorayaki, Doraemon?
The inside of the dorayaki
Not only little girl loves this dorayaki, picky eater Y also loves it! :)
Me: Do u know what is this called?
Me: It is called dorayaki
Me: Yes, u know Dora?
Me: Ok, remember this: Dora is very yucky
LG: Hahaha... Dora is very yucky
Me: Now, u remember what is this cake called?
LG: Yes, dorayaki!
Bet she would never forget the name of this cake :p