Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Potato Chips


Potato chips, anyone?  This is oil-free, non-fried, microwaved potato chips!  Yeah!  U read it right, microwaved!  Does this look like those store bought chips?  Hehehe....

I did 1 batch 2 months ago, the traditional way, freezed and deep-fried it, and failed, it turned out soft, soggy, and little girl don wanna touched it at all.

I found this method last week, thought must try since I don wanna try the deep-frying method again. So, ta-dah!  I did it today n it was a big success!  I didn't use any oil at all although the recipe said spray bit of oil when microwaving the 1st batch, I used grease-proof paper, a few chips sticked to the paper but able to remove it easily.  I sprinkled some white cheddar popcorn seasoning over to enhance its yumminess!


The verdict:  crispy, crunchy and yum yum!  Little girl passed back a clean empty container, and a happy smile!

4 comments:

Family First said...

Thanks for sharing such a healthy recipe. I just bought pringles for my little so I think I shd try this instead!

kel said...

Hello family first! I used to buy all types of chips for little girl too. Happy trying!

3lilangels said...

Great post! Never thought potato chips can be oil-free and microwaved. Thanks heaps!

kel said...

You r welcome, 3lilangels!