Thursday, October 9, 2008

Hide-n-seek in Flower Bed Bento


I made this bento with a very cute theme, little rabbit and doggie are playing hide-n-seek at the flower bed.  Also, this bento is following this week's theme - Flowers in Bento Challenge.

For the top tier, there are orange wedges, grape tomatoes and mayo in heart-shaped silicon cup.  

As for the bottom tier, there are pink roses (ham), beige flowers (sausage), yellow roses (fried egg), red n white flowers (crab sticks), a pink rabbit onigiri (rice mixed with fish roe furikake) stuffed with Char Siu (roast pork made by mum last nite) and yellow dog onigiri (rice mixed with egg furikake) stuffed with fried fish (also leftover from last nite).  I used snow peas for the leafs of crab-stick flowers and coral lettuce for the bushes.

Little girl likes this bento very much.  She ate everything except the ham, she said was a bit dry. I let little girl had the bento with a small bottle of yakult too.  Do u think this is a lot for a 5 year old?  I forced her to finish the lettuce til she puked a bit, luckily not all, hope she won't again after I left.


I used some of the left over for little girls snack box, which she'll be eating along with school's meal during her snack time in pre-school.


As of the remaining char siew, fried fish and lettuce were all stuffed in a pita bread, squeezed in bit of mayo and yellow mustard, became my lunch.  Sorry for the mess, cos I was too hungry to place it nicely for photo taking.

7 comments:

shoppingmum said...

Your girl very good la, willing to eat the lettuce even if she puked. :P My kids will just take a small bite and run away. LOL!

kel said...

She'd down everything as long as there r mayo, ;p

Emily said...

Delightful!

kel said...

Thanks Emily!

Family First said...

Would you know if there is any place where I can learn to make bentos using japanese food ingredients cos I am totally new to this.

kel said...

Sorry, I don know if there is any bento making class in KL/PJ.

As for me, I'm new to bentoing too, I hopped among blogs/website for ideas very often.

Or may be we may lure those master like Bento pet, Emily or others to held a class for us, what do u think?

Family First said...

Yeah good idea!