Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Braised Chicken Wings


I had cooked this dish a few times when hubby was at home, we just love braised stuffs.  Got 4 wings from SS3 pasar malam last nite and decided to cook this again.

Where I get the recipe from?  See below:


Yeah!  From manga, "妙廚老爹".  I got the recipe photocopied and pasted in my recipe bible. :)

Fyi, I'd cut down my portion of ingredients as compared with the original above cos I had 4 wings only.  Ok ok, the translated recipe is below.  

Ingredients:
12 - 15         chicken wings
1 cup           soya sauce
1 cup           cooking wine
1/2 - 1 cup  sugar
a few           sliced ginger
little            cooking oil for frying

Method:
1. Put a little of cooking oil to heated pan, shallow fry wings til slightly brown.  (wings don have to be cook now)
2. Place soya sauce in pot, heat with medium fire
3. Once soya sauce is boiled, put in ginger, sugar.  Pour in cooking wine once boil again.
4. When mixture is boiled, throw in all the wings
5. Cover wings with a wooden lid or aluminum foil, and put on the pot cover (just like (6) of manga), let it simmer for 30 - 40 minutes in low fire.  Remember to turn the wings during simmering.
6. Let the wings cook thru til looking shinny (In my case, I let them simmered til the sauce became less and thicken)


Another closer look of the wing, yummy huh!  Little girl likes the sauce, mixture of salty and sweet.

2 comments:

pekchek queen said...

oh maaaaaaannnnn jie jie, i want to eat these soooooo badly. i'm coming to you. *runs frantically with arms wide open*

kel said...

Hey, girl, u just need to let me know when r u coming, the wings will be there waiting. * be careful of the stone under feet *