Monday, February 28, 2011

Oreo Muffins


Boy, I'd been longing for a batch of muffins since yesterday.  Originally I thot of baking carrot & raisin muffins, but little girl rejected the offer as she dislike carrot and afraid that she may taste the carrot in the muffins.  Then I suggested oreo muffins, it couldn't go wrong with this, as 3 of us adore oreo, and of course little girl approved it.

I googled for a recipe during lunch this afternoon, found this but decided to change the recipe slightly to the ingredients I have on hand.

Ingredients:
(yield 8 muffins)

1 3/4 cups self raising flour
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup milk
1/3 cup yogurt
1 egg
1/4 cup corn oil
10 Oreo cookies, coarsely chopped

  1. Mix flour, sugar and salt in a medium bowl, set aside
  2. Blend milk, yogurt and egg in a small bowl, stir in flour mixture with oil until just combined.  Gently stir in chopped oreo cookies.  Spoon batter into muffin cups
  3. Bake at 200C for 20 minutes
Got 8 of them from the recipe

Oh boy, they smell so good while baking

Should I eat it with coffee or milk?



No comments: