Warning, warning, warning..... Beware: this posting contains lots of chocolate & fat which may cause fattening! Read at your risk.
Little girl complained that I kept trying new muffins/cakes instead of baking her favorite chocolate chips muffins, therefore I promised to bake her a batch, not only chocolate chips but triple chocolate!
Actually, I googled and found the recipe here, however, I altered it so much that I am claiming it my own recipe now, hehehe.... hope the original recipe holder don mind :p
1 3/4 cup flour
3/4 cup chocolate chips
3/4 cup white chocolate chips
1/3 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup milo
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 cup butter milk
? cup melt butter (I forgot to measure this, I think it was around 3/4 to 1 cup)
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 190C
- Mix chocolate chips with white chocolate chips, reserve 1/3 cup for later use
- Sift flour, baking powder and baking soda
- Mix in brown sugar, salt, milo and chocolate chips
- In another bowl, beat egg, vanilla, butter milk and melt butter until well combine
- Pour wet mixture into dry ingredients, fold lightly til just combine, do not over mix
- Spoon batter into muffin cups til 3/4 full, sprinkle remaining chocolate chips (from the reserve 1/3 cup) on to each muffins
- Bake for 20 minutes.
The silly me forgot to measure the melt butter, I just pour it directly into the egg mixture, then only I realized, but everything was too late, I had to proceed as I don wanna waste the ingredients. Sigh... these may surely causing a few extra inches or grams, I am definitely not jumping onto the scale for the next 1 week, that will save me from a foresee heart attack :p
I tell u, this baby is very moist, rich, chocolaty, oily, messy and sinful! Have it with a cup of warm milo, that will surely be a taste of heaven (or hell since it is sinful lol).