Friday, April 16, 2010

Triple Chocolate Muffin


Warning, warning, warning..... Beware: this posting contains lots of chocolate & fat which may cause fattening! Read at your risk.


Little girl complained that I kept trying new muffins/cakes instead of baking her favorite chocolate chips muffins, therefore I promised to bake her a batch, not only chocolate chips but triple chocolate!

Actually, I googled and found the recipe here, however, I altered it so much that I am claiming it my own recipe now, hehehe.... hope the original recipe holder don mind :p

Ingredients

1 3/4 cup flour
3/4 cup chocolate chips
3/4 cup white chocolate chips
1/3 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup milo
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 egg
1 cup butter milk
? cup melt butter (I forgot to measure this, I think it was around 3/4 to 1 cup)
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp salt
  1. Preheat oven to 190C
  2. Mix chocolate chips with white chocolate chips, reserve 1/3 cup for later use
  3. Sift flour, baking powder and baking soda
  4. Mix in brown sugar, salt, milo and chocolate chips
  5. In another bowl, beat egg, vanilla, butter milk and melt butter until well combine
  6. Pour wet mixture into dry ingredients, fold lightly til just combine, do not over mix
  7. Spoon batter into muffin cups til 3/4 full, sprinkle remaining chocolate chips (from the reserve 1/3 cup) on to each muffins
  8. Bake for 20 minutes.
The silly me forgot to measure the melt butter, I just pour it directly into the egg mixture, then only I realized, but everything was too late, I had to proceed as I don wanna waste the ingredients. Sigh... these may surely causing a few extra inches or grams, I am definitely not jumping onto the scale for the next 1 week, that will save me from a foresee heart attack :p
I tell u, this baby is very moist, rich, chocolaty, oily, messy and sinful! Have it with a cup of warm milo, that will surely be a taste of heaven (or hell since it is sinful lol).

3 comments:

HK Choo said...

Sinful indulgence once in awhile is ok lah... :)

HK Choo said...

What brand of buttermilk did you use, Kel? Mind a photo if you still have the packaging around? Thanks.

kel said...

Hohoho.... I tot so too, HK... :p

I made my own buttermilk, just 1 cup of milk with 1 tsp of vinegar (I used apple cider vinegar) :p paiseh hor!