Thursday, August 7, 2008

Sushi sandwiches and Sunflower bento

Little girl had fever last nite, I allowed her to skip the mental arithmetic class this morning, so that means I don have to prepare her bento for lunch in school.

However, I decided to make her a surprise lunch to cheer her up.  My MIL (mother in law) always says that do not eat rice during fever (afraid it may maintain the temperature), thus I made little girl a sandwich, a sushi sandwich.


I had a few sausages, cheddar slices, lettuces, breads on a nori, squeezed in some tomato sauce and mayo and rolled it to form a sushi roll.


I have 5 slices of the sushi sandwich for little girl.  Also, made her a little sunflower sausage egg with some snow peas as its stem.  

While she was attacking the sunflower, little girl told me she wanna have the same sunflower for her snack in school again.  Therefore, I made her a very simple and small bento as she need to eat the snack from school as well.


Here is the little sunflower, with some lettuces as grass and a small container of mayo.

No comments: