Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Hijiki and katsuobushi rice


I got this recipe from a manga (漫畫), yes, you didn't read it wrong.  I love reading manga ever since I am a teenager, and lately I like manga on cooking.  The title of this manga is "天才廚師飯藏".  It is stories of a genius chef who operates an antique store.  He introduced lots of simple and money saving recipes.


Here is the recipe of Hijiki and katsuobushi (Dried bonito shavings) rice:
  1. Wash rice and put in water  (use the usual water level for cooking rice)
  2. Put in hijiki without soaking before hand (with the ratio of 1 cup of rice : 1 tsp hijiki), as for the katsuobushi you may place as many as you like
  3. Add shoyu and mirin (1 tbs each, ratio of 1 cup rice : 1 tbs)
  4. Cook or steam rice, and done
It tasted good and here is a pic of its looks, I made a few rice balls for little girl as dinner.  I thought of leaving some extra for little girl's bento tomorrow, but we finished all!

There are a few more recipes I wanna try out, will share with you soon.

No comments: