Thursday, March 3, 2011

Veggie and Cheese Pan Cake Bento (340)


Cooked this veggie and cheese pan cake with Carol's recipe, adored the crunchiness of veggies but disliked the smell of dried shrimp's skin mixed with cheese, the smell reminded me of the food that my grandma fed the chicken, sorry, I know it sounds disgusting, but that was how I felt while eating it.

Ingredients
1) The batter:
140g flour
10g wheat bran
2 eggs
150 ml milk
1/4 tsp salt
pinch of white pepper

2) Veggies:
Potato, shredded
Carrot, shredded
Cabbage, shredded
Spring onion, diced
Dried shrimp's skin
Cheddar cheese, shredded

  1. Mix ingredients (1) all together til well combined.  Rest for 20 minutes
  2. Mix in (2), fold well
  3. Heat a non-stick pan with some oil, pour in half of the veggie and cheese mixture
  4. Fry with medium fire til both side turn golden brown
I used about 30 minutes to get the pancake done and packed into bento box.  

Veggie and cheese pan cake

Skewers of grapes and watermelons and a container of ketchup & mayo


A note to myself, will skip the dried shrimp's skin next time if I will cook this again.

No comments: