Friday, March 18, 2011

Carrot, Peach and Raisin Cupcake


I had 3 sticks of carrots in the fridge which I do not know what to do with them, as the 2 at home refuse to touch this orange color veggie.  So, in order to con them into eating carrots, I had them grated finely and hidden them inside the cupcake :p

Also, to make them more healthier, I added wheat bran and fresh peach into the cupcake as well.

I adapted the recipe from Joy of Baking, altered a bit to make it more healthier, the cupcakes turned out very light, moist and yummy.

Ingredients
240g all purpose flour
20g wheat bran
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
4 large eggs
160g brown sugar
1 cup corn oil
210g finely grated raw carrots
1 large fresh peach, skinned and chopped coarsely
100g raisins

  1. Preheat oven to 180C
  2. Sift flour, baking soda and ground cinnamon together, add in salt
  3. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, sugar and oil until slightly thickened
  4. Fold in the flour mixture until incorporated
  5. With a large rubber spatula, fold in the grated carrots, chopped peach and raisins
  6. Evenly spoon the batter into muffin cups and bake about 20 minutes (I baked for another 10 minutes on 200C as they were still pretty wet after the said baking time) or a tooth pick inserted in the center of a cupcake comes out clean
  7. Remove from the oven and let cool completely on a wire rack
I had all the ingredients for the cream cheese frosting ready, but due to lack of time, I didn't make the frosting, I believe these cupcakes will taste lagi best with it :p

It tasted even better a day later

Made 9 small and 6 medium cups


No comments: