Friday, August 14, 2009

Watermelon Skins & Sugared Wintermelon Sweet Soup

Some of u from FB (Facebook) oledi aware that there is a H1N1 case reported in little girl's pre-school on Wed. The school has closed the affected class but hubby & me decided to let little girl skip school til this weekend, I know we acted a bit too paranoid but it's better be safe than sorry.

Thus there was no bento yesterday, but here is a sweet soup I wanna share which I cooked on Wed when my throat felt a bit irritating after returning from the preschool (being paranoid again =p)

It is a simple soup, just boil watermelon skin & sugared winter melon (糖冬瓜) together. After cooking it, I let it chilled in the fridge, it tasted marvelous & refreshing too.

Believe it or not, the itch from my throat was vanished after consuming it! Amazing right? Just 1 little advice, don't drink it b4 u sleep, cos these soup may trigger u to urinate more, it may affect ur sweet dream =p

For those of u able to read Chinese, here is a posting on goodness of winter melon. Also, I found something informative here & here on watermelon & winter melon.

No comments: