Decorated chocolate cookies group 1
250g plain flour
1/2 tsp soda bicarbonate
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp cinnamon powder
75g castor sugar
- Sift flour, soda, baking powder and cinnamon powder
- Combine sugar, water and rum in a saucepan. Cook with low heat to form syrup
- Melt chocolate and butter. Add into flour mixture, mix well. Add in syrup to form smooth dough. Cover and refigerated for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 175C. Roll out dough between 2 sheets of cling film, about 5mm. Use mould to mold out desired shapes.
- Bake for 12 - 15 minutes. Leave to cool. Decorate with ornamental icing.
Decorated cookies group 2
X'mas trees chocolate cookies
Ginger bread man chocolate cookies
Ginger bread lady chocolate cookies
Assorted colors ornamental icing (clockwise): strawberry, cocoa, plain, and green tea
The cookies were very crunchy after baking (even after a day), kids kept asking for more, in fact, I was addicted too ;p However, after decorated them and kept for another day, they turned soft, were rather disappointing during the X'mas day party, lesson learned, do not keep them for long.