Monday, November 15, 2010

Cream Puffs


Cream puffs were actually the 1st baked dessert I tried during my teens or 20th, I can't remember well :p  I'd tried so many cream puff recipes, however recipes from those days were not so complete, sometimes I got the puffs baked nicely, but sometimes it would be a total failure.  Also, I didn't have a good custard cream recipe, therefore the cream puffs weren't that tempting those day but I still enjoyed eating them.

Now, with the help of internet, nothing is secret and I managed to get the recipes I wanted so easily.  I choose Masa's cream puff recipe and Carol's vanilla custard recipe (the leftover from Hakkaido Chiffon Cupcake) I promised you this combination is really really yummilicious!


Cream Puffs
Ingredients
(Yield 36 mini puffs)
60g cake flour / superfine flour
60g bread flour / high protein flour
80g butter
100ml milk / water
2 - 3 eggs, beat

  1. Mix cake flour and bread flour together, sieved
  2. In a sauce pan, bring butter and water to a boil or until butter melted, off heat
  3. Pour all flour into hot liquid, mix well with a wooden spoon or spatula, turn on low flame, cook until a thin layer skin lightly stick to the pan, off heat
  4. While batter is hot, fold in egg, a little at a time, until getting a smooth thick paste or when the batter drip down from spatula, it drips slowly in a triangle form
  5. Spoon into piping bag, pipe your desire size of choux pastry onto baking tray
  6. Spray some water onto the choux pastry before put into oven
  7. Bake in pre-heated oven at 200C for 30 minutes
  8. Cool on rack after taking out from oven
  9. Serve with vanilla custard cream squeezed into each puffs
They puffed up so beautifully and cute

Little girl loves this cream puffs so much that she ate about 6 right after dinner!  Even picky eater Y said he liked the cream very much and requested 1 for supper.

No comments: