Monday, November 22, 2010

Bacon, Onion & Cheese Bun


Didn't bake bread for so long, I had been longing for some savory buns lately, and this came into my mind.  I modified Carol's rice tang zhong recipe (米饭汤种), instead of using cooked soft rice, I used mum's leftover porridge :p

I did the measuring, kneading, 1st proofing and the shaping part, as of the 2nd proofing and baking was taken care by my sis, as little girl, me and hubby rushed to karaoke with hubby's relative :p  Thus I didn't get to see and taste the bread until this evening (it was yesterday's project), it still stay soft, and the smell & taste r awesome.  Mum said it tasted the best when it just came out from the oven, they 'telan' (swallow) a few :)



Ingredients
Yield: 10 (100g each)

300g porridge
440g bread flour
20g wheat bran
1 tsp instant yeast
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp sugar
1 egg
50g bacon fat (fat remained after frying the bacon)
15 slices streaky bacon, fried, cut into small pieces
1 onion, chopped, fried til soft
1 1/2 tbsp dried parsley flakes
Handful of mozzarella cheese and cheddar cheese for topping

Wanna have one?

No comments: