Have wanted to try out DIY the pearl myself after reading the recipe from 周老师的美食课室. Little girl loves pearl milk tea very much, she has been requesting it ever since she was a toddler and now crazy with Chatime. I halved the ingredients from the original recipe.
35g black sugar
100g tapioca / potato / sweet potato starch
Extra potato starch
- Stir black sugar into water, boil
- Pour hot mixture into tapioca starch, fold til forming a dough, cool
- Dust with some extra potato starch, roll and cut dough into thin strips, then into tiny cubes
- Dust hand with potato starch, roll cubes into tiny pearl balls
- Boil a pot of hot water, drop pearl balls into hot water, stir, cook for 5 min, off heat, cover lid, let pearl continue cooking in hot water
Stir in more sugar to make-do as a dessert
Or turn them into icy cold pearl milk tea
Wanna share with little penguin?