Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Fruit enzymes

My family is crazy with fruit enzymes lately.  After sampling the pineapple enzyme from neighbor at our Mother's day get-together, we started to do all kind of fruit enzymes ourselves too.

We started with the traditional way, which is layers of fruit, lemon, and sugar.  At the first attempt, we tried pineapple enzyme and star fruit enzyme.  We waited impatiently, made another batch of soursop and kiwi fruit enzyme, also the ginger and lemon-grass enzyme during the long waiting period.  

At last, after a long wait of 3 weeks, the first batch was ready to "harvest", the pineapple enzyme was marvelous but the star fruit was a bit bitter.  There was a strong alcohol taste in soursop and kiwi fruit enzyme, whereas ginger lemon-grass enzyme would triggle a loud burp after drinking it!  


Here is a sample on how I made the pineapple enzyme: 3 pineapples, 3 lemons and about 800g rocksugar.








Here is how it looks after placing them in layers: pineapples, lemons, rocksugar then repeat.








This is a 3 days old enzyme, full of liquid and bubbles.








These traditionally made enzymes are very sweet, we usually dilute it with water or ice, but it does not taste like sparkling juice after the diluting.

Due to the lack of bubbles, and we really tired of the long wait, sister-in-law bought a special enzyme bucket from neighbor, it only required 4 days to get the enzyme done and tasted just like sparkling juice!


This is the look of the bucket, and I was making dragon fruit enzyme with it.









Dragon fruit enzyme is our favorite and we had consumed 3 buckets already (about 7 liters each bucket)!


9 comments:

Multi Trends Corporation said...

Dear Kel,
Interested in the bucket making fruit enzymes. Hope you would share your discovery.
Where to buy that bucket and what is the cost?
What are the steps in using this new method in making fruit enzymes?
Thank you.
Yours sincerely,
Francis
Email: francis.cfho@gmail.com

Chocolate Chips Hweee said...

hi

i am also asking the same question
i tried searching many sites but there are no suitable buckets

can you pls suggest where i can buy the bucket and the cost?

thank you
hweehwee
xhwee@yahoo.com

Chocolate Chips Hweee said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
kel said...

Hi Hwee Hwee

U may check out this site for the bucket and shop info: http://www.ecoparadise.com.my/products/pail1.html

I have a friend with having the same name like yours, is ur last name Lee?

Unknown said...

Dear Kel,
Thanks for the info on using the special pail from ecoparadise. Like Francis, I am keen to know of the steps you took to make your fruit enzyme using this pail.
Thanks,
Ming
mingsmailbox-eye@yahoo.com.sg

nelson said...

Dear Kel:

I am Sophie. Can you please tell me how to order those antioxidant pail from Ecoparadise. I went to the web site but still did not know how to order them. Do they ship them to Canada? And can you please tell me how to make your fruit enzymes. My email address is: ksophy2000@yahoo.com or you can email to my husband's email address: 4769511@gmail.com
Thanks

Sophie

manjin gill said...

Hello
I jus bought rthe magic pail. Can you share some receipes with me. My email is manjin23@gmail.con

kel said...

A very important note: I am neither work nor related to Eco Paradise.

For those who interested with the Eco Paradise Pail, you may find the company profile here => http://www.ecoparadise.com.my/profile.html

Whereas for the use of the pail, here => http://www.ecoparadise.com.my/products/pail1.html

Anonymous said...

Hello Kel,
Thanks for your postings on fruit enzyme👍.

I went immediately to Eco Paradise@Tampines after I read your blog and bought their last two pails at S$64.50 each. For those who are interested, their shipment of 200 pcs will arrive on 11/11.

Out of curiosity, I phoned TWO separate Eco Paradise stores in Malaysia and the same pail costs M$238 each or S$93.30! 😱

Kel, I would love to hear more of your experience with this magic pail. I can't wait for my dragon fruit wine to be ready in 3 days time! God bless you all.