Saturday, September 4, 2010

Mayo Potato, Macaroni and Sausage Salad Bento (268)


Sorry for the long absent, I'd been out of camera early this week, followed with our National day holiday, then little girl was sick past few days, and since she was absent from school, I was free from preparing bento.

I made some mayo on Mon (recipe below), gotta use it fast as it couldn't keep for too long in the fridge.  I decided on this easy & fast 'salad', adding a dollop of mayo into cooked potato, macaroni and sausage.

I cooked the potato cubes & edamame in microwave oven, whereas the macaroni, sausage and quail eggs  were cooked on stove at the same time, thus cooking time was cut short, took only about 10 minutes to get all cooked, about 2 to 3 minutes to mix & flavoring, another 5 minutes to dump everything into the bento box.

Mayo potato, macaroni & sausage salad

2 quail eggs and some edamame

Kallo parmesan torinesi breadsticks I bought from Cold Storage

2 nectarine wedges

Homemade mayo
ingredients
1 cup vegetable oil (I used 3/4 cup corn oil and 1/4 olive oil)
juice from 1/2 lime
1 egg yolk
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp sugar

  1. Using electric whisk, gently whisk egg yolk with a drop of oil, it will create a emulsion to form into mayo
  2. Continue adding and whisking the oil drop by drop until the mixture turning into a smooth mayo
  3. When all the oil is added, pour in the lime juice(a tablespoon at a time), salt & sugar, beat and taste the mayo til u get your desire flavor (the lime juice will lighten the color of the mayo)
  4. Store the mayo well covered in fridge, use it within a couple of days

I had the mayo salad on 4 pieces of sliced baguette (I baked with Evelyn on Tue) as my late lunch with a mug of milk ginger tea, yummy and extremely filling

No comments: